My Top 10 Reviewed Star Wars Books

Originally published at: https://www.farfarawaynews.com/2019/12/19/my-top-10-reviewed-star-wars-books/

Some of them I have loved, while others I didn’t.

3 Likes

I have been reading Star Wars Books for over 40 years now, starting with the original Movies in print. I can say honestly that my sense of satisfaction reading both EU and Disney Era books had more to do with a hunger for more of the Galaxy, Far, Far away than actually loving them all, but I have always been grateful to them for letting me be stowaway, and not jettisoning me out of an air lock. My favorite book was called TRAITOR and it was about Jason Solo. It had a Lost Jedi in it named Vergere. I don’t know if it was the point of life I was at personally or the book itself, but it taught me lessons about dealing with pain, both mental and physical, that I have never forgotten. Thank the Maker for Books, and Movies and stories!

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing! When I was younger, I didn’t have much of an interest in reading books until I picked up a Star Wars book. I love reading the adventures and becoming a part of the story along the way!

3 Likes

I’m pretty similar! Except that when I was younger I had a high interest in reading, but then higher levels of education took the joy out of it. Recently, I was reintroduced to the new Star Wars novels and I have been loving them! I have been greatly enjoying the ride and am glad that I will likely not run out of Star Wars novels any time soon!

1 Like

You clearly have a much better understanding for the Legends novels than I do because I haven’t read them since I was very young. I’ve heard of the stories of Jason Solo and I may have to dive into Legends at a certain point to learn more. There are just so many Canon novels out right now that I can’t seem to break away from them quite yet! But I completely agree, the lessons that we can learn from novels can be pretty significant, especially depending on where we are in life during the read. Books are more than just a fun time, they are a learning experience. I too am grateful for them!

1 Like